Tuesday, February 19, 2019

My Journey


My journey
One month is too short to spent time there. It is so difficult for me to write this memories. I miss these moments....
Starting on...
Leaving Sultan Iskandar Muda International Airport, Banda Aceh, Indonesia
(Jan 14, 2019) my family and my friends accompany me going to the airport. I was deployed in ISATU, so i will go to Iloilo City but transit to Malaysia and Manila. “going overseas for one month is a big problem for me, this is my first time, i afraid if they can’t understand me when i’m talking, because i’m not so good in english”. Uhh.. that’s what i said to my friend before leaving the airport. I feel so exited and sad at the same time, because i should leave my mother. But that’s not so awkward for me because i will go with my partner, “VIDA”. She is older than me, that’s why she like a sister for me and i call her “kak vida” (kak:sister-indo). At 10.40 AM, take off time, leaving Banda Aceh going to Malaysia, bye bye my lovely place!!!


Arrived in Iloilo International Airport
Maayong agaa Iloilo (maayong agaa:good morning-hiligainon,iloilo’s dialect)!!!!
(Jan 15, 2019) We arrived in Iloilo City at 05.10 AM, wawww... early morning in a new place. After we were in arrival gate, we are come on a beautiful woman and she ask me, “are you a student exchange from SEA teacher program?”. She is ma’am lyza, one of all of our coordinators from receiving university, ISATU. That’s good to know right? She fetch us on time, thanks ma’am. Suddenly, we look at 2 nice girls, they look like Thai people. They are students exchange too apparently, Nook and Tisha. After that, ma’am lyza bring us to the dormitory to take some rest because we feel so sleepy and tired. On the way, we pass some industries and best views, but sleeping in the minibus is better for me.
That morning, we have early breakfast because ma’am lyza order the food in McDo and take out it. That’s the first breakfast for us in Iloilo City. McDo is so close from the dormitory.
Sunrise views is the best moment in early morning right? I don’t overlook that views. We park in front of the dorm, i saw the best views when the sun is rising. I feel i will see another best moment in Iloilo, i was so exited even sleepy. Then we go upstairs and find our room to take a rest. Zzzzzz....


Let’s see...
My 1st week 
On my 1st week,we spent time around campuss and College of Education of ISATU. We join in welcome program with the presidentof ISATU. We also have meeting with Dean of College of Education and get an ID card from the university. Then we are going around the city, we come in Departement of Tourism, The Capitol City of Iloilo, City Hall, and another important place in Iloilo City. Before that, we met our buddies from receiving university, they are so kind and always accompany us wherever we go. They accompany us when we are going hypermart to buy some food by walking. When we are going to central market also by ride jeepney.
Not only that, but also we are taught by them about Philipines and Iloilo’s cultures. They told me if Iloilo City look like the second capital city in Philippines with more festival and beautiful places. So we make some plans to go there on weekend.    




But i am so sad, because my schoolmate, kak vida will go to Miag-ao Campuss, external campuss of ISATU. We are in separated place because i was deployed in La Paz Campuss.
(Jan 20, 2019) As we plan before, today we are going to Ati-atian Festival in Kalibo, so far from Iloilo City. That’s why we woke up in midnight and start our trip at 3 AM by bus. Uhhh.. i think i still dreaming. We are so exited but a little dissapointed because there is no signal hahahaa. Although, it’s okay for us, our buddies join with us. We arrived in Kalibo at 8 AM, then ride the jeepney to Ati-atian festival. We walk around, take some pictures and dancing with them also. First time, i was so surprised because all of dancer paint their body to be black. I’m too scared to take pictures closer with them. Then i ask my buddy, why they paint their body like that? Apparently, that’s relate with the name (ati:black), that’s why they change to be black. I just knew that.
After that, we are going to Sampaguita Garden, enjoy the views and take a rest on beach edge. After lunch, we already prepared to go back. That’s a memorable one.



Next...
The 2nd week
On this week, we already in campuss in early morning to join flag ceremony. When the Philipine’s national song is sung, i really miss Indonesia. I can’t memorize all of the lyrics, i just remember “bugal po”. Unlike that song, i can memorize more lyrics of ISATU hyme. After that, we walk around College of Education (COE) with ma’am Shai, our coordinator. We visit the canteen, facilities room, laboratories, research building and some another places. Finally we meet our mentors and cooperating teacher in COE.
Thus, i start my observation in Laboratory School on this week, making lessonplan and consult with my cooperating teacher, Sir Piad. But every Tuesday and Thursday, i followed my cooperating teacher to supervised the student teachers of COE in National High School. Sometimes, we are in a long travel but i enjoy it to find more experiences.

So, what about our weekend?
(Jan 26, 2019) Festival again? Yap, this Saturday we are going to Kasdjahan Festival. But, i didn’t walk arond like before, because i and 2 another students get a free ticket in the Capitol. So i can sit down and find the best view.. horayyy!! We saw dancing competition and that was so nice. 
(Jan 27, 2019) Still festival, hehe... this is the highlight festival, Dinagyang festival. Today we can go around because i don’t get a ticket. But i feel so tired, we are walking so long, because there is no jeepney. Everyone walking and look like human sea in the street. So many tourists there.





The 3rd week
I still in COE, teaching and checking student’s papers. On this week, i just focus to prepare my demonstrations. And at the weekend, i stay in the dorm but go outside sometimes just to bought some foods if my groceries used up. FYI, i cooked the food in my dorm because we are not allowed to eat pork and the food that was cooked in same pan and it’s not separated from pork.
Then sometimes we go around the city to see sunset in Iloilo river. Amazing! When you stand in the bridge, you can see sunset till the sky darking. So beautiful views.

ohhh
The last week
I did my final demonstration on this week and say “see you” to my beloved students. Actually i still want to teach them but i can’t. I gave them some last words and they too. They sing a song for me and Janjee, my friend from Thailand. I feel so sad when they said that ”please stay ma’am Ika” but i’m so happy because they said “thank you for teaching me ma’am Ikaa, all of us undestand the topic especially the slope”. They make us crying, really.


(Feb 5, 2019) we are going to Bucari, Leon to hiking. Waww.. so exited, the students from Miag-ao campuss also join with us, so i can meet my schoolmate. We feel so tired because we need to hiking 14 station, almost 45 minutes.



On the other chance, (Feb 6, 2019) We participated in send-off program and show our traditional clothes and dance. Unforgettable one during this week, we got the certificate and some souvenirs from the president of ISATU.

(Feb 8, 2019) Just 3 days left, we join on farewell party. All of the students gave short speech, we share about our experiences and hope to meet each other again.
(Feb 9, 2019) The last destination before we left Iloilo city, Guimaras Island, the biggest mango island. We cross to another island and going to wind farm, then going to white house and visit the beautiful beach to swim. By the way, we taste sweet mangoes at lunch and it’s make me affected.
(Feb 10, 2019) I just prepare for my departure to comeback to Indonesia. Then we go to the city and visit some markets to bought souvenirs.
(Feb 11, 2019) Leaving the Iloilo city.. see you when i see you all, hopefully we will meet again somedays...

No comments:

Post a Comment